“What I enjoy most about TARGAN is how it encompasses an inspirational yet fun environment. There are endless learning opportunities to benefit personal growth and company growth simultaneously.”– Jackie – Research Scientist
The Technical Writer researches, writes, edits, and proofreads technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as technical reports, manuals, procedures and other documentation as needed. Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style. Excellent written communication skills. You will help to educate and mentor the current team on writing with a common voice.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure delivery or work product
- Write, edit and review technical documents and publications
- Work with technical staff to complete project documentation as needed
- Collaborate with engineering leads to complete testing and documentation
- Ensure required documentation is completed accurately
- Work with data system and other team leads to develop and maintain a data systems platform for storing, accessing, organizing, maintaining, and updating technical documentation created for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager in conducting quality assurance audits of project documentation
- Check the structure and content of documents for accuracy and validity
- Other duties and special project as assigned
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, or Media is strongly preferred (or combination of education and experience)
- 3 years of related (technical writing and editing) experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Word skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- office environment
We offer a very competitive compensation package, consisting of salary, bonus, equity, and benefits. For health benefits we pay 50% of employee and 50% of family premiums!
TARGAN Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Disclaimer: May perform other duties as assigned.
Those authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.